Lintje 0.2.0 released!
More rules and more checks for existing rules were added.
- Add MessageEmptyFirstLine rule that checks if the line after the subject line is empty. If it’s not empty that line is considered part of the commit’s subject.
- Validate commits without a subject. Previously these commits would be ignored and Lintje would not validate them, missing very undescriptive commits.
- Add Alpine Linux musl compatible build.
- Don’t validate commit’s which are squash commits from GitHub Pull Requests. It’s not recommended to rewrite merge commits after they’ve been made, so they will be ignored.
- Expand SubjectPunctuation rule to also scan for punctuation at the start of the subject, not just the end. Subjects should not start with punctuation.
- Expand SubjectPunctuation rule to also scan for emoji at the start of the subject. Subjects should not start with an emoji as a prefix.
- Expand SubjectPunctuation rule to check for more Unicode punctuation.
- Add Microsoft Windows release build.
View the installation guide for installation methods and ways to upgrade.