Lintje 0.5.0 released!
Lintje now checks for empty commits in version 0.5.0! It also show less issues that have the same root cause to let you focus on what to fix first.
- Ignore SubjectLength rule if the subject already has a SubjectCliche violation. This reduces the number of violations that are printed when a SubjectCliche violation means writing a longer subject anyway.
- Ignore SubjectCapitalization and MessagePresence rules if the subject already has a NeedsRebase violation. To fix a NeedsRebase violation the commit needs to be rebased into the commit it’s marked to fixup or squash, and there will be no need to fix the capitalization or add a message body.
- Add DiffPresence rule. This rule whether or not the commit has any changes or not. When a commit is empty, it will print a violation.
- Improve SubjectLength violation message when the subject is completely empty.
- Remove error messages from output when the commit subject is empty.
- Match more build tags in the SubjectBuildTag rule. It now also matches all tags that match the format of “[skip ]” and “[ skip]”, rather than a previously fixed list of build tags.
- Match fewer substrings as ticket numbers, strings like “A-1” no longer matches.
- Ignore SubjectCapitalization rule if the subject already has a SubjectPrefix violation. This reduces the number of violations that are printed when a prefix is found in the commit, which is the violation that takes priority.