Lintje 0.9.0: Lintje gets more precise!
Lintje gets more precise! Ticket references like “Fixes #123” matches full URLs now and is more accurately detecting shorthands like “org/repo#123”. The MessagePresence rule does not count ticket references and “co-authored-by” lines towards the minimum required message length. It’s no longer possible to only have a ticket reference as a message body.
This release also adds a new hint with the DiffChangeset rule that checks what files are committed to see if a changeset file is added or not.
Read the full list of changes below.
- Update the SubjectTicketNumber and MessageTicketNumber rules to also
match full URLs to issues, and match shorthands like
- The MessagePresence rule checks if the commit message is only a reference to a ticket or issue number, e.g. a message that is only “Closes #123” is no longer valid. Some detail about the issue should also be recorded in the commit message itself, not just the linked issue.
- Add the DiffChangeset rule, which checks for the presence of a
changeset file when the repository has a
.changesetsdirectory. If found, it will give a hint to add a changeset to the commit. Learn more about changesets.
- Update the MessageTicketNumber rule to also recognize issue keywords like “part of issue”, “part of epic” and “part of project”.
- Improve error messages from Lintje. When Lintje is run in a directory that’s
not a Git repository it will now print a more to the point message with less
detail. The detailed error message including which command was run with which
arguments is available behind the
- Improve MessagePresence rule error message to more concise.
- Don’t count line breaks towards the minimum MessagePresence character count.
- Show the whole message body as context in MessagePresence issues that are about message bodies that are too short. Since they are so short Lintje can print it in full. Previously it only showed the last line which did not provide enough context in some cases.
- Don’t count references to issues and ticket numbers towards the minimum message body length in the MessagePresence rule, like “Closes #123”.
- Don’t count co-authored-by lines towards the minimum message body length in the MessagePresence rule, like “Co-authored-by: name firstname.lastname@example.org”.
View the installation guide for installation methods and ways to upgrade.